Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sing to the Dawn

Happiness! Yes! Happiness. I felt what was real happiness today. I recieved my examination results today and i topped my whole class. Normally all your fathers would be happy to see your results and might even buy you whatever you want. BUT!! My father was at his worst mood after seeing my results. You all might wonder why let me tell my lifestory.

My name  is Dawan. I am a Thai girl. Here, I have a hard time to even go to school. My father thinks that education is only for boys. Girls must stay at home and learn to cook and learn about the responsibilities that they are going to have in the future. He also says that only boys have right to get the scolarship and go overseas to continue their studies.

My mother on the other hand is willing to help me but is too afraid of my father. Nevertheless to say my brother is my rival. He is second in class. Everyone expected him to top the class. The only person in my family who absolutely supports me and cheer me up whenever i am down is my grandma. She always goes against my father to help me.

But this time my father is strong and stubborn in his decision of sending my brother overseas for him to continue his studies in my place.I just dont want to give up only chance to explore the world and learn many new things.

WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment